Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré

It feels really good knowing what the fuss is all about.

The synopsis says it all. Every chapter is full of exciting and fun scenes.

It’s been a while since I gave a book a perfect rating; actually this was just the fifth book that I’ve given a 5 star.

My reasons for doing so:

1. It was perfect. The writing was awesome. It grabbed me from the first few lines.
2. The world building amazed me. I marvel at Ms. Rowling’s imagination. No wonder children and even adults loved this because really this book was enchanted by something.
3. I read this book during a reading slump that’s why it took me long to finish this book, despite that whenever I read a chapter I was instantly drawn into the story. I was spell-bounded in every chapter. Do you know the feeling that you only intend to read a chapter or two but once you started you’ll end up reading four chapters or more? That was exactly what happened to me.
4. I never really get the movie, I mean I’ve seen it a couple of times but by reading the book, every scene made sense; I got to appreciate the movie now.
5. Some of the dialogues were hilarious. It was fun reading them.
6. The story was fast paced, I never got bored.
7. The trio’s (Harry, Ron and Hermione) friendship was goal. Their personalities blended well. I enjoyed their antics very much.
8. Watching the movie before reading the book didn’t ruin the experience for me. It was actually fun recalling some scenes from the movie while reading the book.
9. The third person narration is not my favorite but in this book, it worked for me.
10. Aside from the trio, my other favorites were Hagrid and Dumbledore. Hagrid was such a softhearted giant. I loved the way he cared for Harry plus he had a soft spot for animals (which I can relate to). And I found Dumbledore funny, I don’t know why. I just wish he had more scenes/appearance in this book.

If you haven’t read the book because you think there’s no need to, well think again, there’s a reason why Harry Potter fans are overzealous about this series.

#not a fan of the book cover though

#I think the movie adaptation was good

#Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter was so cute especially when he was young