The Raven Boys - Maggie Stiefvater

I finally decided to read this book since I’ve been seeing a lot about this series on Tumblr and it bothered me that I haven’t started this. So yeah, because of pressure I guess.

To be honest, after reading this book I felt almost nothing? I don’t really know how I feel about this. For sure Stiefvater’s writing is really good in my opinion. Actually I loved it. It worked for me in this book. But the story? Not so much.

One thing this book made me realized was that, I.really.like.paranormal. Yes, I don’t read much in this genre but whenever I read one it captures me, every time.

My favorite about this book is the clairvoyance part. Maura, Calla, and Persephone are cool. Their relationship as friends is something I envy and admire.

Blue and the Raven boys (Gansey, Adam, Ronan, Noah) are all “likable”. I hope I would learn to “love” them in the following books of the series. But for now, I don’t have a “favorite character” among the main characters here.

I still enjoyed some parts, like the Raven boys’ friendship, Blue’s sense of style, and did I mention Maura, Calla and Persephone were cool characters? Because yes, they’re really cool. Their friendship, abilities and personalities are awesome.

I’m not implying that this book is not good; it’s just slow and there were still lots of loose ends after reading the whole book. Yes I know this was just the first book in the SERIES, that’s why I’ll definitely read the sequel especially because of that ending.

I recommend this book to those who are into fantasy, paranormal, and mystery.

#maybe, the reasons this book didn’t work for me as much as any other people who happen to love this book so much were because:
1.) Gansey’s “mission” was too complicated; I don’t really get it, and
2.) “If Blue kisses her true love, he’ll die.” was a little bit corny, IMO.

#watching The Raven Boys’ Trailers helped me a lot in understanding the plot of this book better, so I suggest if you are planning on reading this book, watch them too.