Angelfall - Susan Ee

WOW! ASDHGJFDWEBMBKJDLHSBGLW

I've never expected this to be this good, I mean…Amazing, Wow, adshdkhsfihskdfghskd, yeah I don’t know how to explain how I feel about this book. I’m incoherent. Also, this book makes me want to sign myself up for a martial art/self defense class, just in case.

I love a lot of things about this book, namely:

The Book Cover. Need I explain why? No need. Just look at it. It’s “stunning”.

The Characters. Penryn, Raffe, Obi, Paige, Dee-Dum, and sometimes even Penryn’s mother. They are all special in their own ways. Penryn, the heroine, has a strong character/personality. She became one of my favorite heroines after reading this book. She has a strong mind and will power. Once she sets her mind on something, she’ll do her best to go and get it (a trait I wish I had and I admire from her the most). She’s one hell of a kickass heroine. I loved her! Then Raffe, I wasn’t really crazy about him in the beginning but eventually he was able to make me swoon for him.

The Worldbuilding. This is a bit ironic because I think there’s nothing unique about the world the people are living in in this book compare to other books. I mean, I’ve read books about post-apocalypse, dystopia, and (biblically speaking) the fallen angels in this book also use the names of the angels from the bible. There’s nothing new, I used to be crazy about angel books before. But nevertheless, the author (Yes, you Ms. Susan Ee) was able to mesmerize, hypnotize, bewitch, fascinate (or whatever) me into appreciating this world. Like I don’t care even though it’s not unique or original…… I.JUST.LOVE.IT!

The Plot. Although it isn’t really unique, again, I.Don’t.Care. It didn’t stop me from enjoying every single bit of it. The main characters quest to get to Aerie to fulfill their mission was a wonderful read and even put me on the edge of my seat. It was exciting to read their quest for there were lots of things on their way that shows the main characters determination and tenacity which I really admire especially Penryn.

The Romance. Just the right amount. I love how things developed between Penryn and Raffe. From enemies to partners to friends to lovers? I’m really anxious to know more about their relationship. I wanted to witness how their relationship unfolds on the next book.

The Dialogues, Narration, Writing and the Author. Told in Penryn’s perspective, I was amazed by Ms. Ee’s writing style. I almost love every single word, dialogue, even the bickering and the exchange of sarcastic/smart words of Penryn and Raffe. I laughed, got teary-eyed (for Paige), got scared, and swooned (for Raffe) from reading this book. I’m looking forward to read more of Ms. Ee’s books. Her writing or should I say the Author herself, proved how good she really is with this book. She made the cliché plot un-freaking-believably-awesome through her excellent writing.

Though I must admit that it took me a chapter or two to get into the story because like I said, I wasn’t really excited into reading this, I just wanted to have something to read at that moment, I didn’t expect that I would enjoy this book this much. I was torn in what to read first between this book and “The Grisha Trilogy” but decided to pick this up first for some reason I couldn’t remember but fortunately it wasn’t a bad decision at all because……*drumroll*…..I could officially say…….that this book, hopefully the whole series…..is……One of my favorite books ever!***squeal***

Of course, I highly recommend this book to everyone. Do not judge it for its not so original plot (just like what I did). This is an enjoyable and awesome read!

#I’m in love with this book

#my first of Susan Ee and definitely not the last